Dad here. So… I’ve never been that good with money. I’m not going to lie- but I’m getting better and better with it. So, here’s my limited advice at this time. I pray you’d learn more from me at a later time, and I also encourage you to constantly seek more wisdom on this than I can offer.
1. Tithe 10% plus. It’s an Old Testament command so it’s not a command anymore, but… It’s a Biblical principle that I still believe God honors. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve tithed some of our last money and seen God use it for great things AND then bless us in abundance also.
2. Related to 1- don’t tithe to get, tithe to give, knowing our God is so faithful.
3. Save 15% plus. Proverbs 21:20 basically says that it is foolish to spend or consume all that you bring in. Save.
4. Live off the rest.
5. Invest, it could all change one day, but at present- property is a winner. There is good debt and bad debt. Good debt makes you money, bad debt costs you money. The right house can be a great reason to go into good debt.
6. Avoid consumer debt (this is bad debt). If you can’t afford it, you don’t buy it. Especially cars. They are a money trap. Buy one cash, and then drive that.
7. Honor God with all of your money, because ultimately, it’s His. Be super generous all the time.
That’s all for now.
I love you kids.